Rock are delighted to be working with a leading provider of IT solutions in Poole that works with leading technologies. They are looking for an enthusiastic and professional Infrastructure Support technician to join their team.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and versatile individual to join the established technical helpdesk team in supporting a full range of IT Infrastructure solutions primarily based around application, desktop, server and storage virtualisation technologies. Key vendors include Citrix, VMWare, EMC, Microsoft, Dell and HP.
This role involves working a 24x7 Shift Pattern, 12 hour day/night working 4 days on and 4 days off.
• 2 years’ experience working in a technical support capacity, managing their own queues of support incidents and working to defined SLAs.
• A strong understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, Microsoft Active Directory/Group Policies
• Understanding of anti-virus products and technologies
• Understanding of network infrastructure appliances such as routers, switches and wireless network points
• Accreditation or experience in the majority of the following technical products:
o Microsoft Server Operating systems
o Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems
o Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2012
o VMware ESX Server/VSphere o Citrix XenApp o Citrix Access Gateway
o EMC SAN solutions
o Sonicwall Firewalls
o Storegrid/Vembu backup solutions
o Veeam backup solutions
• A strong understanding of storage systems (NAS/SAN)
• Accreditation or experience in any of the following technical products:
o Veeam Or Vembu Accreditation
o Citrix XenServer
o Citrix Advanced Access Control
o Citrix XenDesktop
o Webroot product range
o Appsense product range
o N-able product range
o Any Accounts or CRM application
• Degree level education an advantage.
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV. All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.