Our client is looking for an experienced Business Analyst, preferably with additional project management skills, to work on multiple projects across the full software development life-cycle.
You will successfully work between external and internal stakeholders and the company’s development team. You will help the team to deliver quality enhancements that are easily supported.
• To gather, document and define the business requirements, according to the business case, for a range of different sized projects
• To work collaboratively with customers, manufacturers and the development team to translate the business requirements into deliverable user stories
• To see a project through from inception to the implementation and handover phases, ensuring that all business readiness tasks are completed successfully and are aligned to the overall product strategy and roadmap
• Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to enable effective liaison with customers, manufacturers and internal company teams
• Adapt communication styles to suit different situations and the requirements of the audience, dealing with any issues using sensitivity and diplomacy
• Develop effective working relationships through face to face and remote communication channels
• Manage the requirements analysis process including requirements gathering, definition of the ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ business processes and project scope
• Work collaboratively with all interested parties to agree the appropriate solution according to the project scope, then translate the requirements into deliverable and prioritised user stories, assessing any risks, dependencies, out of scope items and acceptance criteria
• Be a key part of regular project planning sessions and retrospectives, understanding what went well, how issues were overcome and what improvements could be made Look at how the lessons learned can be applied to ensure continuous improvement
• Create a high-level project/release plan, including key milestones
• Contribute to the weekly project review meeting on the status of each project, making the team aware of any changes in scope or risks that will have an adverse impact on the successful delivery of the project
• Take the initiative in the absence of the Product Manager, knowing when and who to escalate issues to
• Methodical and organised with excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to facilitate working simultaneously on multiple projects of varying levels of complexity.
• High level of English spelling and grammar, with excellent attention to detail
• Experience of Agile and Waterfall methodologies with the ability to flex the approach depending on the needs of each project
• Proficient user of MS Office, including Outlook and experience of a process modelling tool e.g. MS Visio
• Experience of using Jira would be advantageous. Other tools used are Trello, MS Teams and Skype for Business.