Rock are delighted to be working with a non- profit organisation who are funded and directed by town centre businesses. The role will be focusing around the improvement of the communication channels between the organisation and the businesses in the area.
They will also be required to raise awareness of the organisations activity, assist businesses to gain the maximum benefit from the organisation, and secure support for the organisation. Another aspect of the role is that they will support the Chief Operating Officer in ensuring that the organisation is delivered in a professional, transparent and cost-effective manner.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Act as a primary point of contact between the business and the individual levy payers
• Meet face to face with businesses on a regular basis
• Work with the Chief Operating Officer and Operations Executive to ensure all levy payers receive regular communication
• Identify potential Ambassadors
• Maintain the Town Centre database with relevant details of all businesses
• Consult and communicate with key stakeholders, including partner agencies and organisations
• Attend local surgeries, traders and business meetings related to Town Centre activity
• Promote cost saving initiatives negotiated by the business
• Promote use of the company’s website and social media channels
• Work within budgets set by the company
• Comply with appropriate legislation (e.g. employment, data protection, health and safety).
• Carry out any other reasonable activities as required by the BID Board and / or Chief Operating Officer
• Educated to Level 3 or an equivalent professional or vocational qualification (for example A Levels, advanced apprenticeship or NVQ)
• Educated to degree level, or an equivalent professional or vocational qualification
• Qualification in media, marketing or tourism
• Experience of account management
• Proven experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with a diverse set of partners
• Experience in business, either retail, food and drink, leisure or the office sector
• High level of proficiency in MS Office
• Experience of using and maintaining databases and / or Management Information Systems
• Experience in marketing or event management
• Experience of dealing with the media and press
• Ability to build relationships across the commercial, public and third sector
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral), with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Ability to identify and influence key decision makers
• Ability to demonstrate good knowledge of Bournemouth town centre
• Able to work on own initiative, or as part of a team
• Enthusiastic and adaptable
• Self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
• Ability to think strategically
• Committed to providing an exceptional customer service
• Organised, with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise and remain focused; to organise workloads with no daily supervision.
Willingness to work outside normal office hours to attend meetings and support activities as necessary is also needed for the role.
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV. All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.