Rock recruitment are seeking a dedicated Service desk manager to join an IT professional solutions business. You will join an exciting team at a time of considerable growth with the huge opportunity for a long term career.
This is a heavy weight role for a professionally minded individual with a keen interest in developing people, processes and systems.
The role in summary is to continually build and develop the service teams to maintain world-class standards. This will be a hugely rewarding role, working with people at the top of their game in a fun and hardworking environment.
The key points of the role are:
To manage both the internal and client facing service teams to:
• Ensure they are working efficiently and effectively.
• Ensure client and staff satisfaction.
• Identify areas for continual improvement.
• Manage through improvements.
To work with the Account Management team to:
• Ensure they are fully informed with regards to clients’ needs.
• Identify improvements that would benefit the client.
• Provide reporting and statistics for clients.
• On occasion attend client meetings and service reviews.
• Identify, define, manage, monitor and report on the services and service levels required to support and deliver the Service Desk function.
• Ensure relevant Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place, managed, monitored, reported on and communicated to clients.
• Coordinate the identification and resolution of service incidents and problems and, where required, escalate to and co-ordinate resolution with third party suppliers.
• Identify and manage service improvement opportunities.
• Ensure continuous service improvement is embedded in the culture and working practices of the Service Desk.
• Identify and manage the Service Desk processes, including request management, incident management and problem management.
• Responsible for the operational service relationship with all clients.
• Ensure all service management processes are documented, maintained and adhered to.
• Maintain the Problem Log and help to expedite the resolution of problems identified.
• Contribute to the change management process; in particular represent the interests of the client when assessing risk and impact. Monitor changes completed and update documentation as required.
• Ensure major incident response procedures have been identified, documented and maintained and that Service Desk staff have been trained on these procedures.
• Identify and monitor risks, governance and compliance requirements related to the Service Desk environment. Help to specify and implement appropriate mitigation and/or control measures.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulation with special emphasis on IT Service Management (ISO 20000) and Information Security (ISO 27001).
• Identify objectives and undertake Service Desk team appraisals. Agree performance measures and, as appropriate, targets.
• Manage, monitor and report on the performance of the Service Desk against identified KPI’s.
• Provide exemplary leadership, management and motivation of the Service Desk team promoting professional development opportunities where possible.
• Ensure Service Desk staff are appropriately skilled and trained to deliver excellent technical support and client service.
• Manage the Service Desk staffing levels and task allocation to ensure adequate cover for operating workloads.
• Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
• Minimum 3 years’ Service Desk Management or IT Management role
• Previous technical experience working in a client facing support role
• Be a resilient self-starter, comfortable with challenging deadlines and the need to review and evaluate your own priorities, whilst being able to lead and motivate a highly productive Service Desk team in a pressurised environment
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritise
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Flexible and helpful attitude. In particular, the ability to empathise with clients and respond sensitively to their problems, requests and complaints
• Full UK Driving license and own car
• Degree or Equivalent
If you would like more information regarding this role or would like to apply please submit your CV, all applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Thanking you in advance for your application.