We are currently recruiting for a Technical Admin Technician for a small, friendly, well established manufacturing company in the New Forest.
To support new tape enquiries by specifying new items in terms of bills of materials (BOMS) and likely run rates, and ensuring that these are set up on the operations computer system (the IJF system).
Specific Responsibilities and Activities:
• Maintenance of production narratives
• Create new labels
• Administration of storage of works orders
• To carry out comparative testing on competitor products, and report results
• To assist on development projects, including making and testing laboratory mixes
• Line auditing of Mixing and Extrusion processes
• To provide technical support to production and quality as required. This could be immediate trouble-shooting of issues, or an agreed project of improvement over longer periods of time
• Inputting data to a database
• To provide testing support to Technical and Quality in evaluation of products for applications, or products under complaint
• To provide assistance to the Technical Manager as required
• To maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the R&D laboratories
• To work to company quality and safety standards
• To carry out housekeeping in designated area
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Good IT skills (particularly Excel and Word)
• Good communication skills
• GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
• A level or equivalent in a Science, Engineering, Design Technology or similar
• Able to work on own initiative
• Able to work under pressure
• Self-aware learner with drive to deliver excellent service to our customers and colleagues
• Able to work professionally and proactively in a team environment
What’s in it for you?
Our client offers a friendly, hardworking team environment that encourages personal and professional development. A variety of employment benefits are on offer including pension, childcare vouchers, free parking, a 6 monthly company-wide bonus scheme, and a 3x annual salary life insurance scheme.
This role is full-time, office hours Monday to Friday with some flexibility on start and finish times. Applicants must have their own transport due to the location of the site.
If you would like more information regarding this role or to apply please submit your CV, all applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.