Rock Recruitment are delight to work with a UK FMCG company.This is an excellent opportunity for a senior Technical Manage/ Quality Manager from an FMCG background to join an expanding, market leading company which can offer a technically challenging and autonomous role. You will create and deliver the technical strategy and plans to ensure quality and food safety continuous improvement activities are in place to drive year on year improvements.
• Give sound technical input to the business and play an active role in strategic decision making to ensure the safe production of food to protect consumers.
• Understand the quality and food safety requirements of a leading branded company, develop a strategy and coordinate resources to deliver these requirements in a timely manner
• Ability to manage change through the agreed systems and effectively pass information down the line to concerned teams for smoother execution
• Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage initiatives and projects from end to end
• Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence
• Ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements on a day to day basis across project phases and throughout all initiatives.
• Able to guide teams through the development, testing and implementation stages of quality improvement initiatives and review the completed work effectively
• Planning, budgeting and reporting on the site technical budget.
• Overseeing Quality Management System Audits from the central technical function, third party bodies, own label retailers and ABF stakeholders.
• Accountable for Non Conformance and Incident management including the tracking, root cause analysis and completion of the appropriate correct actions.
• Escalating non routine issues through the crisis management system.
• Analyse data, interpret & report as requested (external lab analysis, NPD data, stability data, metrics and scorecards)
• Management of complex technical projects (including budget and costing)
• Development and integration of customer focused solutions
• Lead the Technical Function (Quality Assurance, Hygiene, Lab and Mill teams) to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and team work. Build trust through effective leadership and the skilled application of people management processes and open 2 way communications.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent ideally in food science, chemistry or microbiology.
• NEBOSH or equivalent
• Experience and able to demonstrate successful leadership of a Technical team
• Proven experience of involvement in capital/improvement projects
• Experience within FMCG production environment and managing cross functional teams
• Strong knowledge of Food safety legislation
• Working in an environment that has Health & Safety as a high priority, ideally where behavioural safety has been rolled out
• Experience in improving efficiency of a business
• A solid understanding of BRC and HACCP
• Strategic thinker
• Commercially astute Decision maker
If you would like more information regarding the role or would like to apply, please submit your CV. All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Thanking you in advance for your application.